Nikon has announced the release of the NIKKOR Z DX 24mm f/1.7, a prime lens compatible with Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras.
The NIKKOR Z DX 24mm f/1.7 is the first prime APS-C size NIKKOR Z lens available, and offers a fast maximum aperture of f/1.7. This new lens also enables the capture of beautiful, high-resolution photos and video in dimly lit conditions, such as during sunsets and indoors, especially with low ISO settings. The compact and lightweight design enables easy carrying, making it an ideal lens for everyday use.
Nikon will continue to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users’ needs, contributing to the development of imaging culture, with the hope of expanding possibilities for imaging expression.
- A fast maximum aperture of f/1.7 makes it an ideal lens for rendering images that utilize large bokeh, with both still-image and video recording. During hand-held shooting in dimly lit and dark surroundings, its fast shutter speed reduces the effects of camera shake, while its low ISO sensitivity enables the capture of high-resolution images.
- The first prime, APS-C size NIKKOR Z lens.
- A convenient angle of view at 24-mm focal length and 0.18-mm minimum focus distance support recording of a wide variety of scenes.
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) enables quiet autofocusing. Users can concentrate on shooting in very quiet situations without concern about the sound of AF operation.
- Designed with consideration for the suppression of focus breathing*, the lens enables smooth focusing with less change in the angle of view, even when the focus point changes during video recording.
- A compact and lightweight design makes it easy to carry inside a bag while mounted on a camera. When combined with the Nikon Z 30, the camera-lens combination weighs approximately 540 g, which is lighter than a 600-ml bottle of water.
- Comes with a lens hood that features a design that looks natural in combination with the lens.
More details can be seen on the Nikon website.