Canon has announced that its “EOS R5 C” 8K/RAW digital cinema camera has been added to the certified camera list of the US video distribution and production giant Netflix.
Netflix producers can shoot original works only with cameras that have certified as having cleared Netflix’s own requirements. With the certification of “EOS R5 C,” Canon now has eight certified Netflix cameras:
- EOS R5 C (released in March 2022)*
- EOS C70 (released in December 2020)*
- EOS C300 Mark III (released in June 2020)*
- EOS C500 Mark II (released in December 2019)*
- EOS C700 FF’ (launched in July 2018)
- EOS C700 (released in December 2016)
- EOS C300 Mark II (released in September 2015)
- EOS C500 (released in October 2012)
Currently available camera models are marked with an asterisk.
Cameras certified by Netflix meet Netflix’s own internal requirements, such as resolution, including 4K UHD sensors. Recording requirements are also considered, such as format, log, color space, dynamic range, form factor, stability, compatibility with the workflow. When pitching content to Netflix, 90% or more of the total length of the final complete package must be recorded with a certified camera.