Tamron has developed the 35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD, (Model A058), a telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z mount compatible with full-frame mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras. This lens is slated to be released around autumn 2023. The suggested retail price is undecided.
The 35-150mm F2-2.8 is a portrait zoom lens from semi-wide angle 35mm to telephoto 150mm, which is the first Nikon Z mount zoom lens compatible with full-size mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras with an aperture of F2 at the wide-angle end.
From 35mm for full-body shots that include the surrounding scenery, to 150mm for bust-up shots that emphasize facial expressions and line of sight, the focal length that is considered optimal for portrait photography is centered on the medium-telephoto 85mm.
In addition, the adoption of the linear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) achieves high-speed, high-precision AF despite its large aperture. With a large aperture, high quality, and comfortable autofocus operation, this lens can really handle a multitude of shoots.
The most frequently used angles of view, from semi-wide angle to standard, medium telephoto, and telephoto, are included in this one lens. This enables seamless shooting without changing lenses, especially for portrait photography, where a sense of rhythm is important.
- World’s first F2-2.8 large aperture long zoom lens
- 35-150mm focal length for seamless shooting from semi-wide angle to telephoto
- High optical performance over the entire zoom range
- Equipped with VXD that enables high-speed, high-precision AF
- High close-up photography capability expands the variety of creations
- Compatible with TAMRON Lens UtilityTM, which expands the possibilities of photography and video shooting
- Simple drip-proof structure, antifouling coating, and hood lock mechanism for high convenience