Sony has released the latest firmware Ver.2.00 for its CineAlta camera “VENICE 2”. It can be downloaded from the company’s website .
Details of this update are as follows.
(The following is quoted from the company’s web page)
Support for VENICE Extension System 2 CBK-3620XS
- Supports connection with VENICE Extension System 2 CBK-3620XS
- CBK-3620XS assignable buttons (5 to 7) can be set
- Can display the information of the spirit level when the imager block is extended
■ Added imager mode (VENICE 2 8K only)
- 8.6K 17:9 ※1 Maximum 48FPS
- 8.2K 2.39:1 ※1 Maximum 72FPS
- 8.1K 16:9 ※1 Maximum 48FPS
- 5.8K 4:3 ※2 Maximum 60FPS
- 5.5K 2.39:1 Maximum 120FPS
(Maximum FPS value is for X-OCN recording)
*1 Full frame license is required separately *2 Anamorphic license is required separately
■ Zoom to Fit function for anamorphic lenses
- When an anamorphic lens is attached, recorded images can be cut out and output in 17:9 or 16:9 picture sizes. Can be used even when recording ProRes
■ Supports ProRes 4444 XQ recording
- Supports Apple 4K/QFHD ProRes 4444 XQ recording
■ Ability to store LUT/CDL data in recording media
- User 3D LUT and ASC CDL data used during recording are recorded on the AXS memory card and stored in metadata
■ Playback position display and frame jump function during clip playback
- Display frame position information during playback can be displayed on the viewfinder monitor screen and playback screen
- When playback is paused, playback can be performed by frame jumping at a step interval of the specified number of frame frames.
■ SyncShift function when inputting an external genlock signal
- The internal SYNC of the camera can be shifted with respect to the reference signal from the outside. Imaging synchronization adjustment with an external display device is possible
- Frequency and scan method are now displayed in the signal type display when genlock is applied
■ Other convenient functions
- Changed the position of the tally display during recording, making it easier to see the recorded video display with a picture size of 2.39:1
- Viewfinder images can now be output to an SDI monitor, and peaking images can be checked on an SDI monitor
- The camera ID can now be set with two characters AA to ZZ in addition to the conventional single character A to Z settings.