Sony announced on Twitter that the popular full-frame FX3 cinema camera has a new firmware update. The update is available for FX3 users here on their website.
From the Sony website, the following improvements are included with this new update:
- Adds Support for the Creators’ App
- Adds a function that improves remote shooting and image transfer security when using the Creators’ App and Imaging Edge Desktop software
- Adds support for Breathing Compensation
- Adds support for DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) and 24.00p recording
- Adds a function that during movie recording and playback, movies compressed using an anamorphic lens are displayed on the monitor with correction (de-squeeze) to the CinemaScope aspect ratio according to the ratio of the anamorphic lens
- Adds a function that allows the Slow & quick and Movie modes to be switched with a custom key
- Movie file names now support the Long File Name format
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
Sony also announced a firmware update for the FX30 Super-35 camera, available from their website here.
Are you a user of either of these Sony cameras? What are you looking for from these new updates? Let us know on Twitter!