Nikon also has announced the release of the NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR, a super-telephoto zoom lens for the Nikon Z mount.
This lens allows for powerful closeup shots of far-away subjects, such as birds, aircraft, wildlife, and vehicles. With a minimum focus distance of 1.3 m at the wide-angle position, and a minimum focus distance of 2.4 m at the telephoto position, the lens can also be used for taking very close-up photos of flowers, insects, and other objects near the photographer’s feet. In addition, the NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR offers a lightweight design and vibration reduction (VR) with an effect of 5.5 stops that allow for quick speed and operability.
- Supports coverage for the 180 mm to 600 mm range of focal lengths
- Weight of 1,955 grams
- A short minimum focus distance of 1.3 m at the maximum wide-angle position
- Vibration reduction performance equivalent to a 5.5-stops
- Adoption of a stepping motor (STM) ensures fast and quiet autofocusing.
- Adoption of an internal zoom mechanism increases zooming stability and dust-resistant performance.
- Adoption of a lockable lens hood, with a lens hood lock release button.
- Dust- and drip- resistant
- Antifouling fluorine coat has been adopted on the front lens to enable easy removal of dust and dirt.
- Adoption of six ED glass elements effectively compensates chromatic aberration.