Tamron Co., Ltd. has released “TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile,” an Android OS-equipped smartphone/tablet application that enhances convenience at the shooting site and expands the possibilities of photography and video shooting.
This application is a mobile version of the PC software “TAMRON Lens Utility” released in October 2021. By connecting the lens to a smartphone with the TAMRON Connection Cable (sold separately), you can easily customize the lens at the shooting site using your smartphone.
In addition, a new function has been added that enables lens operation from a smartphone. Focusing can be controlled without touching the lens, such as “AB focus” that smoothly moves the focus from one subject to another. We plan to add more functions in the future.
TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile function list
Remote operation is possible by setting functions exclusively for smartphones. “AB Focus” and “Focus Preset” can be used with the remote set button.
- AB Focus: A function that smoothly moves the focus from one subject to another
- Focus preset: Function to move the focus to the recorded focus position with one tap
Customize a custom switch or focus set button
- AB focus
- focus preset
- Focus limiter: A function that can limit the focusing range of AF
- AF/MF switching: Function to switch AF/MF using the focus set button
- Focus/aperture ring function switching: A function that can be used by switching the focus ring to the aperture ring using the focus set button
- Camera body function assignment: A function that allows you to use the function assigned in advance on the camera body with the focus set button
Customizing the focus ring
- MF rotation direction: A function that allows you to set the rotation direction of the focus ring
- MF response: A function that allows you to set the focus movement method when operating the focus ring
|Compatible lens||28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2（Model A063）||35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD（Model A058）||20-40mm F/2.8 Di III VXD（Model A062）|