Shiftall Co., Ltd. announced a new style VR controller “FlipVR.” The price is undecided and it is scheduled to be released within 2023.
The biggest feature of FlipVR is that the operation panel (operation buttons, joysticks, triggers, etc.) normally located on the palm side can be flipped (flipped up) to the back side of the hand simply by twisting the wrist. You can grab a drink, operate a keyboard or mouse, or play an instrument in the real world without losing hand position tracking while flipped. Flip to the other side to return to the original state (regular controller).
In addition, since the position and angle of the operation panel can be adjusted, it can be operated comfortably for a long time by people of any hand size and finger length. Triggers, AB/XY buttons, and joysticks are equipped with touch sensors, allowing you to change hand signs and avatar facial expressions depending on the position of your fingers. MeganeX, of course, can be used in combination with various Lighthouse compatible VR headsets.
- Input: 4 buttons (AB/XY, system, joystick), joystick, trigger, grip, touch sensor (AB/XY, joystick, trigger)
- Operating time: about 7 hours
- Wireless communication method: SteamVR standard (Valve compatible dedicated dongle)
- Charging method: USB type-C
- Tracking: Lighthouse Tracking System