Tamron 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD Wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E mount
Tamron has announced the development of the 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD (Model A068). This new Tamron lens a wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E-mount compatible with 35mm full-size mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras.
The 17-50mm F4 is a wide-angle zoom lens that covers a wide range of focal lengths, from an ultra-wide angle range of 17mm to a standard range of 50mm, with full f/4 coverage for still images and movies. With high descriptive power over the entire zoom range, it is be able to draw clearly to the periphery of the screen. The autofocus drive employs a silent and agile linear motor focus mechanism “VXD” (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) to attain high-speed, high-precision AF.
Also, with the adoption of an inner zoom mechanism, the length does not change when zooming, so it is easy to balance not only for still image shooting but also for mounting on a gimbal, etc., making it ideal for video shooting. Furthermore, with a minimum focusing distance of 0.19m at the wide-angle end and 0.3m at the telephoto end, it has excellent close-up capabilities, allowing you to get as close to the subject as possible, allowing you to take unique shots in a variety of shooting situations.
If you carry this lens, which excels in mobility and convenience, you will be able to shoot a wide variety of shots, from still images and movies, from dynamic landscapes to snapshots, without having to change lenses.
■ Main features
- F4 wide-angle zoom lens that covers from ultra-wide-angle to standard range
- High optical performance that captures even the finest details across the entire zoom range
- Easy-to-handle size and easy-to-balance inner zoom
- AF that is most suitable for still image, video shooting
- Incredible close-up photography capabilities that expand the range of expression
- Realizing high convenience and operability
- Compatible with TAMRON Lens Utility TM to expand the possibilities of photography and video shooting
- Simple drip-proof structure and antifouling coat that supports comfortable shooting
- Filter diameter φ67mm standardized for full-frame mirrorless series
Tamron “35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD” for Nikon Z mount
Tamron also announced the “35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058).” This one is a large-aperture telephoto zoom lens for Nikon Z mount compatible with full-size mirrorless single-lens cameras, on September 21, 2023.
The 35-150mm F2-2.8 is a portrait zoom lens with a semi-wide angle of 35mm to telephoto of 150mm. From 35mm for full-body shots that include the surrounding scenery, to 150mm for bust-up shots that emphasize facial expressions and line of sight, the focal length that is considered optimal for portrait photography is centered on the medium-telephoto 85mm. A wide range of coverage is possible.
In addition, the adoption of the linear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) achieves high-speed, high-precision AF despite its large aperture. It is said that it achieved both a large aperture, high image quality, and comfortable AF operation. In portrait photography, where a sense of rhythm is especially important, seamless photography is possible without changing lenses, so you can capture a moment’s expression on the model and support the creation of wonderful works.
■ Product Features
- World’s first F2-2.8 large aperture zoom lens
- Focal length 35-150mm for seamless shooting from semi-wide angle to telephoto
- High optical performance over the entire zoom range
- Equipped with VXD that enables high-speed, high-precision AF
- High close-up photography capability expands the variety of creations
- Compatible with TAMRON Lens Utility to expand the possibilities of photography and video shooting
- Simple drip-proof structure, antifouling coating, and hood lock mechanism for high convenience