Apple has released Final Cut Pro version 10.7. Previously, it was announced to be updated in late November 2023. It will be offered as a free update to existing users and comes with a new purchase to new users through the Mac App Store.
This update improves timeline manipulation and organization, and adds new ways to simplify complex edits.
Final Cut Pro version 10.7 includes the following enhancements:
- The timeline automatically scrolls so that the clip remains below the playhead during playback.
- Improve editing efficiency by organizing selected groups of connected clips into connected storylines
- Displays both video and audio role colors to easily see timeline composition at a glance
- See improved results when you analyze the movement of faces and other objects on Mac computers powered by Apple Silicon using Object Tracker’s all-new machine learning model.
- Easily find clips in your browser while keeping your selected keyword collection or smart collection with the improved Show in Browser feature
- Quickly export HEVC and H.264 files by processing video segments simultaneously with available media engines (with macOS Sonoma or later and Apple M1 Max, M1 Ultra, M2 Max, M2 Ultra, or M3 Max) (requires a Mac)